Ready to Show in 59 Minutes or Less!
By: Sandy Leakeas ` Realtor
We’ve all run into this or a similar situation at one time or another while our houses have been “on the market”. It’s 10:00AM on a Saturday morning. Your kids had a ball game last night and you had pizza for dinner last night…the pizza boxes are still on your kitchen counter and you really didn’t have much time to tidy up last night…the movie and popcorn was a nice way to end the night. The phone rings and your agent just called to tell you that she’s requesting a showing in an hour. Here’s how to use the next 59 minutes getting ready for the showing.
- Enlist the troops. Round up everyone in your household that can support you in this effort. Give them their marching orders.
- Burn the candles. Freshen up the scent of your home by burning some candles in strategic areas including kitchen and bathrooms. Use a similar and neutral type fragrance throughout your house. Too many smells are overwhelming. A vanilla scent seems to work well.
- Run the vacuum. Fresh vacuum tracks make a house look freshly cleaned. Note…looks can be deceiving but help you out in this situation!
- Wipe down all bathroom and kitchen counters. Put all your personal items from the bathroom out of sight in the cabinets under the sink. Clear off those kitchen counters…put all dishes and random items out of sight in the dishwasher…you can sort through the stuff later. Just remember to check your dishwasher first before turning it on later.
- Get out the laundry basket. Put any items that are out of place such as newspapers, mail, clothing and toys in the laundry basket. Put the laundry basket in the trunk of your car to take with you when you leave the house.
Forgot to mention…take a quick look in the mirror to make sure you’ve changed out of your PJs and make sure your bed is made before you leave!
Have a great showing!